Happy hump day! Did you see my one sheet wonder video? This morning I wanted to create a few easy cards using one sheet of 12 x 12 designer series paper after all the work I had with my Pansy Petal class to go.
I know we all have lots of designer series paper, probably more then we could ever use. Why not create a bunch of cards to have on hand when you need them. You can create 6 cards with one sheet of 12 x 12 paper, 4 sheets of colored card stock and 2 sheets of Basic White. Let’s take a look.
Here are three cards that I created with the half sheet that I showed you during the video. You will be able to make 2 of the envelope with insert cards and 4 of the other cards. That is 6 cards in all with one sheet of designer series paper.
- 12 x 12 designer series paper cut at 6″ so you have 2 12 x 6 sheets. Score at 4 and 8 on the 12″ side and score @ 1/2″ on the short side. Cut off the 2 corners. You will also cut off the two rectangles under the 1/2″ score line.
This is how you will score and cut each 6 x 12 piece of designer series paper. From this 1/2 sheet you will be creating 3 cards, 6 cards in all.
- 4 sheets of card stock. You need 4 pieces at 8 1/2 x 5 1/2 for the bases. Cut 4 at 5 3/8 x 4 1/8 for the inside layer. You also need 2 pieces at 5 1/4 x 4, each of these pieces with be cut diagonally for the layer under the triangle dsp.
- Basic White 4 pieces measuring 5 1/4 x 4. These will be the inside layer
For that crazy shaped piece of designer series paper you will create 2 cards and will need the following:
- 2 5 1/4 x 3 7/8 pieces of colored card stock
- Basic white 2 pieces of 5 1/8 x 3 3/4
Here are the 2 quick cards I created, remember you can create 4 of these cards with the one sheet of designer series paper. I created on plain and stepped up the second card.
The Seaside Spray card stock is retiring with the annual catalog, the designer series paper has already retired. I also used the Daisy Lane stamp set and matching punch.
Here is what I created with that crazy shaped piece of designer series paper. Did you see my one sheet wonder video? If not, check it out here.
The designer series paper creates the envelope for the insert for this card. It fits in a 5 1/2 x 4 1/4″ envelope.
Leave a Reply